1. The Space Needle Observation Deck
This one is pretty much a no-brainer, however, it’s more than worth mentioning! It’s the best place to get a breathtaking panoramic view of the city, and peek at Mt. Rainer. It’s romantic, exhilarating, and breezy.. snuggle up!
- Be ready to stand 520 feet above ground (aka if you’re scared of heights.. avoid)
- Enjoy a bite to eat at Atmos Cafe or check out Atmos Wine Bar afterwards, currently no full service dining option available
- Costs about $35 More Price/Package Info here
2. Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibition
Do not miss this place, really. It is so unique, colorful and beautiful! Dale Chihuly is a Washington native who is highly exalted in the art world, and for spectacular reason. The intricate and creative energy that you’ll experience here at Chihuly is unlike any other.
The Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibition features a lush garden, eight galleries, and the glasshouse centerpiece- a MUST if you’re in Seattle.
- Combine your Space Needle Ticket with your Chihuly Garden and Glass Entrance and save some $ (packages included in link above under Space Needle)
3. Theo Chocolate Factory
Not much explanation needed here… who doesn’t want to visit a chocolate factory? Especially one that is organic and ethical. Read more about the founders here and why they are passionate about organic cocoa beans and the importance of being fair trade certified. Book a tour, or shop their site here Theo Chocolate Factory
- Booking a tour in advance is recommended
4. Pike Place Market
This one is another MUST do… you just don’t go to Seattle without visiting Pike Place Market… like if you don’t visit Pike Place, did you even go to Seattle? Its iconic, vibrant and one of the most well-known Farmers Markets in the states. Home to a special community that commands admiration- it is vibrant, beloved and vital to the city of Seattle. Not only is it full of beautiful artisan goods, incredible eats and fresh produce, but it also is home to a dynamic network of social services such as the Pike Market Senior Center & Food Bank, Pike Market Childcare & Preschool, and Pike Market Clinic.
- If you’re like me and love a good opportunity to get some fantastic pics… this is your place!
- If you’re staying at an AirBnB w kitchen…pick up some fresh produce here and make a nice dinner with your honey!
- Do the Early Access Tasting Tour
- Try Beechers Cheese!!!
- If you’re feeling spontaneous, take a 20 minute separation from your partner and go find each other a unique gift to exchange. Check out my cute earrings 😉
5. The Original Starbucks
Now I’m not a HUGE Starbucks fan (nothing wrong with it, just not my favorite and I prefer to support smaller biz type of coffee shops) however, it IS cool to see the 1st Starbucks. It’s stimulates my entrepreneurial mind to see the humble beginnings of a world-wide, wildly successful company. So, after (or even before) your Pike Place exploration… just peek out the first Starbs.. or stop by and grab a drink there if thats your thing! Either way, its a quick, cheap thrill you and your partner can check out while walking around the area!
6. Alki Beach
This lil two mile stretch of beach is a perfect way to spend some time with your love on a couples getaway. Theres tide pooling opportunities (fun!), volleyball courts, and plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes to visit nearby. Its perf for a sunny day in Seattle and serves as a romantic landscape even in cooler, less sunny weather. Be sure to visit during low-tide so you can check out the tide pools! Heres a tide measuring chart you can check to make sure you’re on time.
Also, can’t miss Alki Point Lighthouse and the six-foot Statue of Liberty. More photo ops!
- Taking the water taxi from Downtown is about $5 per person each way. Fun!
7. GOOD EATS
Not the name of a specific place but, heres a list of some of my favorite restaurants in Seattle. And what’s better than fine-dining with your love on holiday?! There’s SO many good options in Seattle. A foodies dream come true.
- Capitol Cider (Gluten-Free and delicious!)
- The Pink Door
- Brimmer & Heeltap
- Cafe Flora (Vegetarian)
- Tilth (Organic & Local Cuisine)
8. Seattle Aquarium
See the giant octopus, adorable otters, and a ton more of Seattle’s marine life!
9. Brewery and Cafe Scene
Seattle is FULL of awesome breweries and cafes. Something for the beer enthusiast and the Coffee lover. The options here are barely endless… Enjoy!
Here’s some of the best breweries:
- Pike Brewing Company
- Chateau St. Michele (French Style Winery, home of my favorite Reisling)
- Stoup Brewing
- Freemont Brewing Company
Theres soo many… check out this post of Seattles Best Craft Breweries for more!
Here’s some of the best Cafes:
- Milstead & Co.
- Victrola Coffee Roasters
- Top Pot Doughnuts & Coffee (likely to have a line but- these doughnuts and coffee are a must, just look!)
WHY ARE DOUGHNUTS SO PHOTOGENIC?!
Again… SO many crazy good places to enjoy in Seattle and an abundance of quality coffee
10. Capitol Hill
Being the epicenter for Seattles LGBTQ community, Capitol Hill obviously has a special place in my heart. Its home to some of the hippest restaurants, plenty of gay bars and cute boutiques.
Leave a Reply